...holy spirit | week 5
The Holy Spirit is an integral part of our experience as Christians although often overlooked. Jesus himself said it was better for us that he go so that we could have the Holy Spirit. It is important for us to think through the implications that we have the Holy Spirit on the inside giving us exactly what we need.
1. How aware are you of the Holy Spirits interaction in your life? Always, often, sometime?
2. How has the Holy Spirit helped you encouraged you or directed you?
3. What keeps us from engaging with the Holy Spirit?
4. God's plan was to always have the Holy Spirit live within us. What impact would this have on our society?
... crucified | week 3
The apostles creed like the gospel is tied not only to theories and theology but also to historical events. Christianity is different from other religions because our belief is not primarily about what we are to do but what has been done for us. We believe that Jesus came to us in Human form lived a sinless life and was crucified for our sins. This changes everything.
1. Why was the message of Christ crucified so important to Paul? Why should this be just as important for us today? (1 Corinthians 1.22-23, 1 Corinthians 2.2)
2. What does is look like to live out Galations 2.20 in your personal life?
3. What are your thoughts on the story of the pharisee and the woman who was forgiven in Luke 7.36-50? Why does and understanding and appreciation of Christ's sacrifice and the forgiveness of our sins keep up from being like a pharisee?
... jesus | week 2
The Apostles creed, like the gospel, is tied not only to theories and theology but also to historical events. Christianity is different from other religions because our belief is not primarily about what we are to do but what has been done for us. We believe that Jesus came to us in Human form to save us. This changes everything.
1. What is your response to Jesus? Lord. Liar. Or Lunatic?
2. Which of these three attributes do you find easiest to accept and which is most difficult? Jesus as Christ (redeemer/king). Son of God (fully God/fully man). Or Lord (master/king).
3. God with us (incarnation) was both shocking and exciting for a broken culture. How does that message shape us as Christians in our broken culture?
... I believe | Week 1
Apostle's creed is a statement of faith that connects us with Christians throughout history and around the world. At the foundation of this statement are two important words... I believe... This statement of belief connects us with a God who is infinitely powerful (almighty creator) and intensely intimate (father) when this hits home it transforms us from the inside out
1. We are driven in our lives not by what we know but by what we believe! How has a belief in God formed you?
2. What attribute of God do you struggle believing? (infinitely powerful or intensely intimate)
3. What is your story of belief? (How did you come to faith in God?)